Monday, April 24, 2006

Back To School...

I'm amazed - after a lovely holiday my kids can't wait to get back to school, so after a trip to the opticians tomorrow morning we start afresh for the new term. I wonder what's in store for us all?

My boys have been busy with the Hama this last week - just suddenly took to it and spent ages quietly working on it together one afternoon - very nice :) Need to get some 'skin tones' from Merry as the boys are into making sporty figures, so it's all people with shorts on!

The girls have produced some very lovely colourings over the hols - mostly flowers and they are very pretty :) I've pasted one of the outlines here for you to use if any of your girls would like to use it too. If any of you would like any more, just let me know and I'll email them to you :) These have been a real hit here this holiday - the girls have used gel pens a lot to colour them and they look great.


I've re-discovered my creative streak too - I found some cross stitches I started 9 years ago in a drawer and have decided to try to complete those in the evenings - me time, aside from the 'puter.

It's Jacob's birthday next Tuesday - he'll be nine! I can hardly believe I have a 9 year old and he seems to be growing up all at once atm. I'll have a teenager in the house before I know it! He does seem to be calming down loads too, which is great, but we still need to work on helping him manage his anger/frustrations at times. He has a nasty habit of lashing out a bit too often still, but it IS improving and his concentration definitely seems to be taking a turn for the better (as the hama proved), so I'm more and more hopeful for back home for year 7 - we'll see... Meanwhile he's asked for an MP3 stick and a mobile phone for his birthday! It's a technological age I guess and, as he is increasing going out with his friends without me, I am allowing both, but he doesn't know that yet, so ...(shhh!)

Swimming lessons have ended now for Jake and he has his first try out of club swimming on Wednesday evening. Joel started in level 7 tonight, so I am really pleased with him too. Abbie starts level 1 on Friday. I am at the pool three evenings a week now!!! And out at other activities (for me) the other two - busy, busy!

That's it tonight I think.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Good to see you blogging again Caroline. C's been asking when we're going to see you again. I like your flowers. :)

Caroline said...

That'll be brill Merry Thanks - just bill me! And I'll send the flower pics tommorrow sometime (way too late tonight now)

And Jan - yes, when can we see you. It's been too long!