Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back after a Long Silence!!

Just in case anyone is still out there - we're still alive! I'm seriously out of the habit of blogging and never really seem to have the time to do it these days. I'm making a concerted effort to get to bed at a reasonable hour most nights (as opposed to early hours of the morning - or even nearly dawn at times!!). BUT that means I have less PC down-time. Actually I'm a little into the 8.30-10pm slot on the TV atm and then I simply can't be bothered to come stare at another screen for a couple of hours - sorry folks! When I do it's usually school prep time and that means little blog time, but hey - I've all of ten minutes just now, so this is a mini-update.

Other things that have chipped into my blog time is that I have taken on the family cooking. This has been P's role for almost as long as I can remember, but he is a bit of a freezer food fan and I wanted to seriously start losing some weight - so big changes were required. I signed up to 'savingdinner.com' on the Body Clutter diet and have been cooking for 3 weeks now. The food is great (although upping the intake of fresh meat and fish has simultaneiously upped our food bill significantly!) and MOSTLY goes down well with everyone :) I don't know if I've actually lost any weight, but I feel better - must buy some body scales!

OK - 10 mins is up - I'll be back later...

2 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

Still out here - good to hear from you :)

Rossi said...

Welcome back :-)

Real cooking is better by far! You'll all feel so much better and your bill will even out as you settle into things more. I adore cooking! Good luck with the weight loss.