Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tired!

Hi All. I wish I had the energy to blog properly, but I don't!! Suffice to say things are going reasonably well here, despite us all missing Paul loads!

Joel finished Singapore Maths 1A today and did some addition and subtraction without much help from me at all - he remembered the steps well - BIG sigh of relief :) And Jacob reached his first 'write a story' page in Just Write, which initially brought tears, but then he knuckled down for once and made a reasonable attempt for a pretty-much first go at story writing :) Not sure how he's going to feel when he sees that the next page is another 'write a story' page! He said to me today "But I've done this kind of thing before!" He seems to think that once he's done it once (which actually he really hasn't) he'll never have to do it again. I explained that yes a little, but he will be doing it more and more. Hopefully he won't be totally unprepared to write another story when it comes to it. Fortunatly it's not something we do every day, or even every week for that matter and I do know that it is not that unusual for a 7 year old boy to not be that enthusiastic about story writing!! Fact, figures and accounts of things - they go down better these days, so I try to build his 'essay' skills mostly that way instead. But I also want to help him devlop his imagination more and the Just Write is great for that, because it is so step-by-step, giving concrete tools for imaginitive writing.

Anyway - going to finish my chores now (load dish-washer, wipe down kitchen and d.table, quickly run hoover through ready for the group in the morning, fold the washing and put next load in dryer) and I REALLY need to go to bed!! This is why I am so tired!!

3 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

Bother - washing! Knew there was something I meant to do tonight...

Classroomfree said...

Hi Caroline, just checking in to see how you are. Hope you are all fine and the tiredness is not overwhelming.

Love J xx

Rossi said...

HI Caroline- hope all is well down your way, just sending my thoughts and to let you know you are in my prayers. You're missed on the blogring! xxxxxxx